Ask Before You Decide: Accreditation Matters
The Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), in cooperation with national and programmatic accrediting organizations, has developed a new, consumer-friendly brochure to help students, prospective students, parents and the public to understand the value of accreditation and the importance of knowing accredited status before making any decisions on whether to attend an institution or program.
Ask Before You Decide: Accreditation Matters answers important questions including: What is accreditation? How does accreditation help me to make informed decisions? What questions do accreditors think I need to ask to make smart choices?
This 6-page brochure was developed by CHEA and accrediting organizations including:
• The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
• The American Physical Therapy Association.
• The American Psychological Association.
• The Distance Education and Training Council.
• The Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
We urge you to learn more about accreditation through reading this important publication.